Saturday, June 12, 2010

Music Interruption for Your Pleasure


Here is another amazing song for all of my readers. :) It is called Second Lover by the group Noah and the Whale. It is from the album Peaceful, the World Lays Me Down.

This band has gradually become on of my favorites. The lyrics are extremely well thought out and clever. Each song compliments the other perfectly. My favorite song out of all of the music I have heard from them has to be My Door Is Always Open, which is on the album, The First Days of Spring. I didn't go with that song because it is pretty self explanatory and you have to hear the whole album in order to really get the full effect from the lyrics. This band does a great job with taking you on a journey from the first song to the last. Anyway, this song is a great example of witty and creative lyrics. As the song progresses you are given more and more images that allow you to see the whole picture come to the end. There are several key words in this song that do this. The first time you listen to the song you may not pick up on it. I hope you all enjoy and I hope you all seek out this group's music. You will not be disappointed.


Second Lover

When will our heartbeats fall into line
And the click clack
Of our boot heels
Beat out the same time

Oh and when will your hand find itself in mine

For I don t know your real name,
Your real age, or your shoe size,
But I'll leave this bedroom chair
And this keyboard behind

And I'll love you in reality and dreams

And though it kills me to know
That when we are through
You go to your real lover
Who'll put real kisses on you

Oh well an x is about the best that I can do

So this lonely, lonely heart
Has no use left for living,
After finding a love
In a heart so unpermitting

And I will die and never ever hold your hand

But I'll kiss my lips and I'll blow it to you,
It ll be the last thing that I ever do,
And wherever you go and whatever you do
There s a man underground that will always love you

No comments:

Post a Comment