Thursday, June 18, 2009

As We Move On

Laugh hard it's a long way to the...

It is a strange feeling knowing that one day we will all be gone. Not really lost but definitely forgotten. Even the ones that we think we remember through history, novels, paintings, etc. are nothing but names. The truths about their lives are only tall tales that have been misshapen and altered to fulfill the egos of philosophers/historians of that current time. We no long remember and therefore we do not know who that person really was. As I wait for my train I look around at all of the busy faces walking back and forth, talking on cell phones, laughing with their peers, going about their daily activities, and I think about that fact. I picture a scene in a movie where the main characters are interacting with each other while the narrator is talking about how each person's life turned out. As each person has his or her future told they slowly disappear. It is sad and at the same time fascinating. As crazy and depressing this world can be, I do not want to leave or grow old and tired. I want to keep watching and guessing. Someday after I have left this earth, there will be some curious, confused young male similar to myself thinking about the same thing. He will look at all the faces and wow himself at the thought that we are only temporary. Of course most people can ease their minds of this because they have "faith" or something like that. They believe to the point that they feel they know the outcome after they pass. I guess it makes life easier for some. Others strongly believe that we are all one. I personally like this theory the most. We, our souls, spirits, whatever, will continue to live on as long as the human race continues to live on. And obviously one has to believe in souls and spirits to accept this as fact. I wonder what life would be like without beliefs. I have to think about that some more. But for now I am here. I am breathing. I am taking up a small bit of space on this harsh yet beautiful earth. My day is now coming to an end for now I am almost home where I will take off my shoes, eat a small meal, brush my teeth, wash my face, and go to sleep. I feel that I know that I will be back here tomorrow. I feel as if there is no doubt about that. I will breathe tomorrow. I will answer unanswered questions. So what does that mean? Does it mean I secretly, without knowing, have "faith" or does it just simply mean I am young and dumb?


...funny thing about this blog is that I posted it the day after I wrote it...

No comments:

Post a Comment